News

As part of our commitment to keeping our community safer, Dryer Vent Wizard of Upstate South Carolina shares industry knowledge with Greenville, South Carolina residents. Learn about dryer vent safety, warning signs, and news here!

Dryer Vent Trapping Water

Check out the video to see what can happen when a dryer vent isn't installed correctly. An improperly installed dryer vent that was "pitched" in the wrong direction was trapping water.

Read more

Tumble Dryer Fire

A tumble dryer caught fire in a Haywards Heath building yesterday (Thursday May 15).

Firefighters were called to a three-story building in Sydney Road at 2:10pm.

The fire was in a tumble dryer in a ground floor launderette.

The dryer had five percent fire damage and 15 percent smoke damage.

...

Read more

Dryer Fire in Apartment Caused By Blocked Vent

A dryer fire at a Kalamazoo home drew a large response from Kalamazoo Public Safety officers Sunday afternoon.

KDPS Sgt. Matt Schemenauer said officers responded at 12:57 p.m. to a residence located at 2319 S. Rose St. on a report of a basement fire.

Schemenauer said officers were able to contain the fire in the basement before extinguishing it, and eventually determined the...

Read more

Dryer Fire causes Major Damage

Recently, there was $50,000 dollars in damage to a home in Hamilton, due to the dryer catching fire! There are a few different reasons dryer’s can start a fire. The leading factor of dryer fires according to the NFPA (National Fire Prevention Associtation) is “failure to clean,” meaning lint!

Remember, it is suggested by dryer manufactures to get your dryer vent inspected and cleaned...

Read more

Dryer Caused Waterloo Fire

Firefighters credit working smoke detectors for keeping a dryer fire from spreading Friday afternoon. Waterloo Fire Department Chief Mike Reese said village firefighters responded to 140 E. Elisha St. at about 3:40 p.m. The home was occupied by three adults and two children, who were alerted to the fire by a smoke detector and safely exited the dwelling.

The fire was contained to the...

Read more
Angie's List
Previous Angie's List