Dryer Caused Waterloo Fire

Firefighters credit working smoke detectors for keeping a dryer fire from spreading Friday afternoon. Waterloo Fire Department Chief Mike Reese said village firefighters responded to 140 E. Elisha St. at about 3:40 p.m. The home was occupied by three adults and two children, who were alerted to the fire by a smoke detector and safely exited the dwelling.

The fire was contained to the dryer and clothes on top of the machine, Reese said, although the house suffered smoke damage. The family was able to remain in the home Friday night.

The fire chief estimated it took firefighters an hour to extinguish the blaze and clean up the scene. Waterloo firefighters were assisted by the Border City Fire Department, the Waterloo Police Department and the FAST Fayette Team. The Seneca Falls Fire Department provided standby coverage, he said. The fire’s cause was determined to be a faulty dryer.

Reese stressed the importance of working smoke detectors in any home. “The smoke detector alerted them to the situation and prevented more serious damage from occurring,” he said.

See the article here.

Previous Angies List
Dryer Vent Wizard BBB Business Review