Dryer Fire in Apartment Caused By Blocked Vent

A dryer fire at a Kalamazoo home drew a large response from Kalamazoo Public Safety officers Sunday afternoon.

KDPS Sgt. Matt Schemenauer said officers responded at 12:57 p.m. to a residence located at 2319 S. Rose St. on a report of a basement fire.

Schemenauer said officers were able to contain the fire in the basement before extinguishing it, and eventually determined the blaze started in a dryer that had a blocked vent.

All of the home's occupants were able to escape safely without injury, Schemenauer said.

The residents of the home declined to comment on the fire.

Schemenauer said KDPS is reminding people to make sure they clean their dryer vents following the long winter.

See the article here.

Children's Burn Foundation logo
Previous Angies List
Dryer Vent Wizard BBB Business Review