As part of our commitment to keeping our community safer, Dryer Vent Wizard of Upstate South Carolina shares industry knowledge with Greenville, South Carolina residents. Learn about dryer vent safety, warning signs, and news here!
Dryer Fire in Apartment Caused By Blocked Vent
A dryer fire at a Kalamazoo home drew a large response from Kalamazoo Public Safety officers Sunday afternoon.
KDPS Sgt. Matt Schemenauer said officers responded at 12:57 p.m. to a residence located at 2319 S. Rose St. on a report of a basement fire.
Schemenauer said officers were able to contain the fire in the basement before extinguishing it, and eventually determined the...
Dryer Fire causes Major Damage
Recently, there was $50,000 dollars in damage to a home in Hamilton, due to the dryer catching fire! There are a few different reasons dryer’s can start a fire. The leading factor of dryer fires according to the NFPA (National Fire Prevention Associtation) is “failure to clean,” meaning lint!
Remember, it is suggested by dryer manufactures to get your dryer vent inspected and cleaned...
Dryer Caused Waterloo Fire
Firefighters credit working smoke detectors for keeping a dryer fire from spreading Friday afternoon. Waterloo Fire Department Chief Mike Reese said village firefighters responded to 140 E. Elisha St. at about 3:40 p.m. The home was occupied by three adults and two children, who were alerted to the fire by a smoke detector and safely exited the dwelling.
The fire was contained to the...
Tenants Displaced By Dryer Fire
Most of the 30 tenants displaced by a fire at the Royal Crest Apartments on Tuesday evening were expected to be back in their homes by last night, according to Emergency Management Director Jeffrey Coco.
The blaze was caused by a dryer that caught fire, according to fire Chief Andrew Melnikas. The fire spread through the walls and damaged the building at 32 Royal Crest Drive.
- ‹ previous
- 2 of 2